Thursday, February 21, 2008

Shots... Oh No!

Jakobe had his 2 month checkup today... I thought I was just going to take him in and they would weigh and measure him and that would be about it. Boy was i wrong, he was due for his first set of shots. It was so scray, the nurse held his legs down and made me hold his arms while she proceeded to poke him in bothe legs 2 in each leg for a total of 4 shots. The whole time I was holding his arms down he just stared at me with such sad eyes looking at me like mom what are you letting them do to me. It is probably one of the hardest things to do, to watch your child be in pain. It made me as a mother feel horrible. So he has been unhappy the whole day now... he wants to be held 24/7 but at the same time he gets mad at you for holding him cause it hurts his poor little legs to be held. I gave him the miracle baby tylenol, and now he is quite content swinging in his swing. The rest of his checkup went well he now weighs 10 pounds and 4 ounces and has grown another 2 inches making him a whopping 24.5 inches he is gonna be the next big basketball star if he keeps this growth pace up. So all in all I have a healthy little boy, yay!

1 comment:

Michael and Megan said...

give him a kiss for me. i'm glad you have a blog now. so much better than myspace!

The Things We Do to Our Children

The Things We Do to Our Children
Why didn't you say that in the first place? We could have used this new all-in-one vaccination rather than the tradtional multiple injections. Oh well we will do it that way next year...How about that!